June 24

All About Me

Hi  my  name is Jarrod. I am 10  years old, I live in Victoria, Australia with my mum, dad, little brother, Tyler and my dog  called Harry (he is a labrador).

I began blogging in 2011 with my class 2KM (Mrs Morris) and earnt my own blog in June 2011. Here’s my first post I ever made on my class blog last year, click here to see it.

I have participated in Challenge Yourself to Blog twice.

I was lucky enough in 2011 to be a finalist in the Edublog awards for best student blogger and be nominated in 2012.

When I’m not blogging I like to:

• play on the computer, iPod, iPad, wii, Xbox 360
  • do Nippers carnivals and training
  • ride my motorbike
  • go swimming
  • go surfing
  • go to the movies
  • watch TV

24 thoughts on “All About Me

1. Katie Stokes

Hi Jarrod,
    This is Katie your old OT. Your mum sent me the link to your blog – it is fantastic!!! How lucky are you to have your own blog. It must have been had work learning how to do it. You will have to teach me one day.

I am having fun learning to be a mum to baby Cooper – he is now able to smile and laughed for the first time this week which is pretty cute. I hope you are enjoying Alex coming to visit you at school.

Hope you have a good term 3 – i look forwad to reading your blog again soon.

Katie :)

1. Jarrod (Post author)

@ Katie,

Thank you for leaving me a comment. How did you learn how to do a smile?

I saw the photo’s of Cooper and he’s very cute. I like it when Alex comes to school when I get to play contect 5 and last time Tyler hid marbles in some pink goo for me to find.

Like to hear from you again,
      Jarr☀d 😆

2. Alex Chinner

Hi Jarrod,

It is great to see your blog. I might have to get you to teach me how to do the smiley faces on Monday!

How many blogs have you gotten since you started?

I will remember to bring the Connect 5 game on Monday when I see you at school.

I hope you have a great weekend & say hi to Tyler for me!

Alex

1. Jarrod (Post author)

@ Alex,

Thanks for leaving me a comment.

I’ve had over 300 visitors to my blog.

On Monday I’ll teach you about HTML codes.

Your pal,
      Jarr☀d 😆

3. Connor

Dear jarrod

you are rilly Luky to have a Blog

I wood want to have my own blog

I have you are a good bloger

From Connor

4. Miss W.

Dear Jarrod,

Thanks for registering for the September student blogging challenge. Make sure you visit the blog every week beginning September 12, when the first challenge will be published. If you want a reminder sent to your email each week, use the “Subscribe by email” on the right sidebar of the blog. Also make sure you visit blogs from other students around the world with your interests.

Miss Wyatt or tasteach – challenge organizer

5. Mrs. Boekhout

Dear Jarrod,

What a fantastic blog you have! I wonder if you will win the student blogging challenge… I think I will go to Miss Wyatt’s link and see if other 7 year olds blog as well as you do.

I am a Grade 2 teacher in Coquitlam, BC, Canada. I was considering creating individual blogs for my students this year. You have inspired me to really try it out! I think we will start off with something a lot more basic though.

Thank you for sharing your techie expertise!
    :-)
    Mrs. Boekhout
    http://classroom2kids.edublogs.org/

1. Jarrod (Post author)

@ Mrs. Boekhout,

Thank you for leaving me a comment and leaving me such kind words.

I had a look at your class blog and can’t wait to see what your new class gets up to.

Your new pal,
      Jarr☀d

6. LeeAnn Bone

Dear Jarrod,

You have a really great blog! I love how everything is organized and neat. I love your pet bat. He is quite cute. How did you get him on your blog?

I am a student a the University of South Alabama. I am in a class called EDM 310. It is a fun class. It teaches you how to use different technologies and how to blog.

Keep up the great job blogging!

LeeAnn Bone ^_^

7. Jarrod (Post author)

@ LeeAnn Bone,

Thank you for leaving me a comment.

I got the bat a long time ago, if you click here you can get one from the web site too.

Do you have a blog ❓

Your new pal,
    Jarr☀d

8. erbagley

Wow! That is so cool! 😉 ! Were is Leopold? It sounds interesting. I’m from Texas. Right now it would be 7:21 pm. would this be late at night or morning?

9. Miss W.

G’day Jarrod,
    Thanks for registering for the March 2012 student blogging challenge. Make sure you visit the blog every week beginning early March, when the first challenge will be published. If you want a reminder sent to your email each week, use the “Subscribe by email” on the right sidebar of the blog. Also make sure you visit blogs from other students around the world with similar interests.

Miss W or tasteach – challenge organizer

10. Miss W.

Well done, Jarrod! The first student to have updated their ‘About’ page. Your blog is getting a lot of promotion after being a finalist in the Edublog awards last year. Keep up the good work and I hope you enjoy the activities in this year’s challenge.

1. Jarrod (Post author)

@ Miss W,

Thanks for leaving me a comment.

I can’t believe that I’ve had nearly 5,000 visitors and I haven’t even had my blog for a year yet!

I am looking forward to the challenge this year I even told my friend Ava she should do it.

Your pal,
      Jarr☀d

11. Helen Digby

Hi Jarrod

I was very excited to see that you are on my list for the student blogging challenge this year! I have read and commented on your blog before … in fact, it is one of the blogs I read regularly. So now I will be visiting you officially as a mentor not just a reader :)

I am a high school teacher from Bendigo. My class was also lucky enough to be short listed for the blog awards last year but we have been a bit slack this year and haven’t posted anything yet.

Good luck with the challenges.
    cheers
    Diggers

1. Jarrod (Post author)

@ Helen Digby,

Thanks for leaving me a comment and for visiting my blog regularly.

What is the link to your class bolg I’d love to check it out?

I’m looking forward to the challenge.

Your pal,
      Jarr☀d

12. Pingback: Visit these week 1 + Reminders : Challenge Yourself to Blog

13. Pingback: Challenge 1 Wellbeing and introductions : Challenge Yourself to Blog

14. Pingback: My Life as a Sixth Grade Teacher - Challenge #1: Well-being, Health, & Citizenship.

15. Pingback: Challenge 1 Wellbeing and introductions | Well Done!

16. Sarah Cooney

Hi Jarrod,

My name is Sarah and I teach Social Studies in America. My school is by Washington DC and each student has their own iPad. It’s a lot of fun!

Tomorrow, I am presenting information how to use more technology in the classrooms. One of the topics I will speak about is student blogs. I found your blog and love it! I will show it to the other teachers as an example for what their students could do!

Keep up the great work :)
    Sarah Cooney