October 14

Blog Action Day

Today is Blog Action Day (BAD) which is where people all around the world blog on a particular topic on a certain day. This year the theme is The Power of We. You can check out the post I did last year for BAD by clicking here.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ 14886702@N05/1554086730

This year I’m writing about how schools can work together to improve their school and sometimes help others?

A really great school who help others is Leopold Primary School. They help our world by:

• Raising money for charities. They have casual clothes days, dress up days and even a crazy hair day where the money raised goes to a charity.
  • They collect can and dry goods to send to those who can’t afford to buy food
  • They also recently collected and donated dog and cat food to their local animal shelter
  • They try to reduce litter by recycling, having “nude” foods and picking up any rubbish around the school
  • They are always looking for ways to  to improve their school and help others where possible
Last year in Grade 2 our class took part in Operation Christmas Child, click here to read about the post we did last year. Many students in our class filled a shoe box full of toys, clothes, bathroom supplies, pencils and books. Once all the shoe boxes were filled and collected they were then sent to children around the world how might need them, from countries such as Vietnam, Cambodia, Papua New Guinea and Thailand.

Do you know a great school who helps their community?

What does your school do to help others? 

Posted October 14, 2012 by Jarrod in category Uncategorized

7 thoughts on “Blog Action Day

1. Dianne

@Jarrod

I think it is wonderful that schools encourage community involvement . Sadly when I went to school many many years ago there were not any program then.
    Keep up the good work

Love Nana

2. Pingback: Challenge 6 – More choices : Challenge Yourself to Blog

3. Pingback: Challenge 6 – More choices: Challenge Yourself to Blog « Students' corner

4. morgan

Dear Jarrod,
    My school is also doing OCC. This is our second year participating. I love it. It makes me feel so good when I help out kids in Africa and other countries. I was just looking on the blogs on this website, and I saw this blog. It is awesome!

Sincerely,
    Morgan

5. Neil

I go to the Singapore American school. In my school, we raise money for Cambodia. We have a swim-a-thon and we get money for each lap we swim and we give the money to charity. Also when we have Tabitha sale, we get to buy a lot of things and we also give the money to charity. We also have jump-a-thons which is kind of the same thing as the swim-a-thon, but you have to jump instead of swimming.

6. Aaron

cool posts Jarrod! Lots of my friends are reading your blog posts. sometimes my school does the same thing! your blog is awesome!

From, Aaron

1. Jarrod (Post author)

Hi Aaron,

Thanks for the comment. Maybe your friends could leave a comment some time.

Jarrod