October 7

The Block

For the last two weeks I’ve been on school holidays and have done lots of great things. On the middle weekend I went to the “block”, click here to read a previous post I have written about the block. These holidays I went to the “block” with our family friends Wendy, Anthony, Emily and Cameron. Cameron who’s also in my grade this year has written a guest post about our trip.

THE BLOCK

By Cameron 

On the holidays I went to Jarrod’s Block with my family. I rode the quad bike. I went through the muddy puddles and mud went everywhere. The back of my coat was covered in mud.

Jarrod and I went yabbying.  We caught lots of big and little yabbies. Jarrod and I found some rabbit holes so we made up some homemade traps with wire and sticks.  But we did not catch any rabbits. Jarrod’s Dad got a rabbit and we used this for yabby bait.

My sister Emily rode Jarrod’s motorbike, it is a two wheeler.  Emily loved it so much she did not want to get off the motorbike and her coat was also covered in mud.

For dinner on the BBQ we had dim Sims, sausages, hamburgers and hash browns cooked by the Dads’ it was delicious. For breakfast we had bacon and eggs on the BBQ.

I slept in a room with Jarrod, Tyler and Melane in my sleeping bag.

Tyler, Jarrod, Emily and I all had a turn at Emily’s homemade rocket launcher.  It was awesome and we all got wet. The rocket went high up in the sky and my Dad held the pole.

Thanks for a great weekend Jarrod, Tyler, Melane and Cameron.

What did you do or like to do on your break?

Posted October 7, 2012 by Jarrod in category Uncategorized

9 thoughts on “The Block

1. Mum

@ Cameron and Jarr☀d,

What a great job you did Cam with the story and Jarr☀d did with the photo show. You both make a good team.

I had a great time at “the block” too, it was great to spend some time enjoying the outdoors and relaxing.

I hope you both have a great day back at school.

Love your work,
    Melane (Mum)

2. Dianne

@Jarrord
    What a great entry by Cam seems like you guys had lots of fun
    Enjoy your first week back at school

Love Nana ☺

3. Mrs Kathleen Morris

Dear Jarrod and Cam,

What a great idea to have Cam write a blog post!

It sounds like you both had lots of fun at The Block. It’s nice to share a holiday with friends.

On the holidays Nate and I went to Byron Bay. It was very relaxing and we had a great time.

Are you able to eat yabbies? What do they taste like?

Best wishes,
    Mrs M☀rris

1. Jarrod (Post author)

@ Mrs M☀rris,

Thanks for leaving a comment.

We didn’t eat Yabbies this time we let them go because they were too small. We usually do though and I think they taste like mini lobster.

Glad you had a great holiday too.

Happy blogging,
      Jarr☀d

4. Jack

Dear cam and Jarrod I loved the post and the music,
    wow! You must of had a good time and you guys were fantastic on those motorbikes, wow cool dudes seyaguys Jack

5. Mette

Dear Jarrod.
    On my weekend I had a sleepover with my best friend. I am in school now working on an essinment. We have to look at a list of blogs and make reviews. One of them are yours. 😉
    Mette