August 19

Our new iPad and apps

We got a new iPad and its great because it has a camera. It also has a really cool feature were you can talk to your iPad and it types for you. I thought I’d test it with this post and it was great and saved my fingers from all the typing.

We have put some new apps on the iPad, some of my favourites are:

• Rover because it lets you on Mathletics and other web sites that the iPad doesn’t normally work on.

• Photo Booth which came with the new iPad, it allows you to make your pictures more effective than just using a normal camera.
  • Photo speak because you can take photos and make the photos move and talk.

• Toontastic because you get to make your own cartoon and get to make characters move and talk.

We still have our old iPad, the iPad 1 but I try to go on the new iPad as much as I can because it’s so much better.

Have you got an iPad 3?

What’s your favourite thing about the iPad?

Posted August 19, 2012 by Jarrod in category Uncategorized

16 thoughts on “Our new iPad and apps

1. Mrs Kathleen Morris

Dear Jarrod,

I’m so glad to see a new post on your blog and I really enjoyed reading about your favourite apps. You’re lucky to get a new iPad.

As you know, I have an iPad2. My students really enjoyed the Toontastic app. I will have to try out some more of your suggestions.

Have you tried a free app called School A-Z? You can use the spelling bee section to practise your own spelling words. My students enjoy it and it is a lot of fun.

Best wishes,
    Mrs M☀rris

1. Jarrod (Post author)

@ Mrs M☀rris,

Thanks for the comment.

I realy think Toontastic is great app for kids all over the world to makes great cartoons.

What are some of your favourite apps ?

Happy bolgging,
      Jarrod
      P.S How is your 2KM going?

1. Mrs Kathleen Morris

Hi Jarrod,

Thanks for your reply. As I mentioned, the School A-Z app is one of my favourite classroom apps. I also like playing Words with Friends, Scramble with Friends and Draw Something.

2KM is no longer but 4KM is going great! We are doing lots of blogging and using some fun online tools.

I hope you are enjoying having Mr Marshall as your teacher. He was my student teacher a few years ago and I thought he was an excellent teacher!

Best wishes,
        Mrs M☀rris

2. Miss Kelly Jordan

Dear Jarrod,

I remember seeing you in town a couple of weeks ago looking at the new iPads. You obviously bought one! I’m sure you’re enjoying using it, as it has some great features.

I have an iPad 2 and I enjoy using it for web browsing and sometimes my students use it during Reading Groups.

My Grade 4s loved using Toontastic last term. Another app they enjoyed was Story Wheel. Have you used that before? You spin a wheel to discover the next scene of your story and narrate each page as you go. It’s fun because you never know what scene you’re going to get next!

I can see you enjoy your new iPad and I’m sure you’ll have many, many more hours of fun with it!

Best wishes,
    Miss Jordan

1. Jarrod (Post author)

@ Miss Jordan,

Thanks for the comment.

I think Toontastic is great app for kids all over the world to makes great cartoons.

Do you know any good apps that you recommend for me to get?

Happy bolgging,
      Jarrod
      P.S How is your class going?

1. Anonymous

@ Jarrod,

Thanks for the reply. There are quite a few good origami apps for the iPad that are fun. You could look for some of them perhaps.

My class is going very well. The students are working hard and learning lots! I hope you’re enjoying everything at school too!

Best wishes,
        Miss Jordan

3. ErinB

dear Jarrod
    Well, I don’t have an Ipad, but, if I did, I would say…… Fruit Ninja! It’s so fun! I’m now a sixth grader, doing advanced Math… For some reason, Advanced math makes me feel sick.. Like i’m scared of it. I’m almost done with my books Jade’s Diary, and I decied I want to be a Manga Artist when I grow up! 🙂 I have a wild imagination
    From Erin

4. JONATHAN

Dear Jarod,
    Looks like lots of fun. My moms birthday was yesterday and we just got he the ipad 4. Since she had an old ipad, I got her old one. What is your favorite app?

From, Jonathan

Techie Kids