August 5

Piano

This term I began to learn the piano / keyboard, so far I have learnt a lot.

The first week I learnt the following notations:

• Bass Clef.
  • Treble Clef.
  • Starf.

The second week I learnt these notes:

• C.
  • A.
  • F.
  • G.
  • B.
  • D.
  • E.

I also got to do some exercises on the keyboard with these notes.

The piano is really hard and takes a lot of concentration. My mum used to play the drums but she thinks they’re too loud for me to play.

What did you vote for?

Have you learnt an instrument and did you like it?

Posted August 5, 2012 by Jarrod in category Uncategorized

21 thoughts on “Piano

1. Tyler

@ Jarr☀d,

I’m so happy you’re learning the piano maybe you can teach me when you get better.

I like all the instruments but I voted for the piano because it makes a loud good noise.

I wish I could I learn piano,
    Tyler

2. Miss Kelly Jordan

Dear Jarrod,

I think it’s great that you’re learning to play the piano! Learning how to play an instrument is a great hobby and I am sure you will enjoy the experience. It sounds like you’ve already learnt quite a few notes and you’ll be playing tunes in no time! 🙂

Like many other students, when I was in primary school I played the recorder. It is a good instrument to start with as it’s easy to learn.

In high school I learnt the flute for several years. I was in the school “concert band” and we performed at school events and assemblies.

Good luck with the piano! 🙂

Best wishes,
    Miss Jordan

1. Jarrod (Post author)

@ Miss Jordan,

Thanks for the quality comment.

My mum played the drums for 3/4 years.I love the piano.Dose your music in family:?:

Jarrod

1. Miss Kelly Jordan

@ Jarrod,

Thanks for the reply.

No, no one in my family plays any music now. You might say that my family isn’t very musical at all! 🙂

Keep up the great piano playing!

Best wishes,
        Miss Jordan

1. Jarrod (Post author)

@ Miss Jordan,

Thank you for the comment.

My family isn’t very musical eather.But me and my cousin Erin playare the only ones that play instrument .

Jarrod

3. Miss McLeod

Dear Jarrod

How exciting for you to be learning the piano! And, it seems like you are a fast learner.

I think the piano and the guitar are the best instruments to learn as, if you learn one of these, for the rest of your life you will be able to play an instrument in the company of others and they can sing along and join in with you.

Learning the piano is in my 5 year goal list.

Keep it up, I think it is one of the most beautiful instruments out.

Miss McLeod

1. Jarrod (Post author)

@ Miss McLeod,

Thanks for the comment.

My mum said that guitar can hurt my finger ,so I figured that I will just stick with piano.And I was right I think I Chose the right one.

Jarrod

4. ErinB

Dear Jarrod
    I used to play piano, and my teacher said I was really good. But then, I started to get into other stuff, and kept forgetting to practice, so I don’t play anymore. I bet I can play the drums, cause in every single song I hear, I can hear the beat, and i drum it. My family won’t stop bugging me about it.
    From Erin

1. Jarrod (Post author)

@ Erin B,

Thanks for the comment.

I have just started playing the piano.It’s my first time playing an instrument.My mum used to play the drums.But she doesn’t have her drum kit anymore,I think she sold it.

Jarrod

5. Dianne

@Jarrod

I am so happy you are learning the piano I am looking forward to hear you play. The piano is my favorite instrument sadly I never got the chance to learn any instrument when I was younger. I have it on my list to learn when I retire but maybe I should start sooner.
    Keep practising

Love Nana

6. Edel

Dear Jarrod,
    We think your blog is awesome. We are a 3-4 class in Melbourne. Heaps of us play piano and really enjoy it!
    Some of us are lerning duets. Have you played a duet?
    From 3-4E

7. Audrey

I have learned to play clarinet in the 5th grade, I think it was very hard at first but it got way easier after I got the basic notes down. I used to play trumpet in the forth grade but it doesn’t appeal to me as much as the clarinet. The reason why I wanted to start the clarinet was because I swore to myself at the age of 5 to be better than Squidward Tentacles (from SpongeBob Squarepants) at playing clarinet. So far I think I’m doing much better than Squidward! I can play recorder too, I play at my schools mass on Fridays with other violin players and recorder players. I can also play a bit of piano with my self-teaching keyboard, I know: The Entertainer, Fur Elise, Happy Birthday to You, Chopsticks, and I want to learn a lot more. I love all of my instruments.

8. Mikeila

I have learned to play the piano and this coming up May. I have learned many songs, I have been playing the piano for almost 3 years now and I have become very good at it. Their were some songs that were very difficult to learn but after a while i became more easy for me. Now I am learning 4 new songs at the moment. They are “One Thing” by One Direction, “Falling Slowly”, “Right Here waiting For You”, and “What Makes You Beautilful” by One Direction. I hope you keep piano! It’s very fun to learn new songs and keys!

9. theoneandonlylilz

Hi , I am Lily I just started a blog two days ago and I really like yours. I play 2 musical instruments Violin and Flute. You might to when your in S1. I started violin in primary 4. That was 4 years ago. I have also just started playing the Flute Im on my 4th lesson this week. Which is my last lesson until im back from the October holidays.

I think your blog is great and I really like commenting on it because there is so much to say here.
    Just if you were wondering my blog URL is this
    http://lilztheawesome.edublogs.org/