February 10

Trash Packs

I like to collect different toys. At the moment I like collecting Trash Packs, they are sometimes called Trashies.  Click here to visit the Trash Packs web site.

Watch the video to see what Trash packs are.

There are lots of different Trashies to collect such as:

• scummy squirrel
  • eltrasho
  • loo paper
  • germit
  • garbage egg
  • manglez

Here is a photo of the Trash Packs I have collected so far.

What do you collect?

What great thing do you have in your collection?

Posted February 10, 2012 by Jarrod in category Uncategorized

21 thoughts on “Trash Packs

1. Mrs Kathleen Morris

Dear Jarrod,

I’m glad I read your post about Trash Packs because I wasn’t really sure what they are.

It’s fun to have something to collect and watch your collection grow!

When I was in primary school I used to collect pencil lead (I know! What a funny thing to collect). I also used to collect ornaments of angels and fairies. Now I don’t really collect anything.

How do you get Trash packs? Do you buy them with pocket money or do you get them for a reward?

Your former teacher,
    Mrs M☀rris

1. Mrs Kathleen Morris

Hi Jarrod,

Good question. I used to collect leads when they fell out. Like when you’re sharpening a pencil and the lead comes out. I had a LOT of them but I am pretty sure I don’t have them any more!

Keep blogging!
        Mrs M☀rris

2. Mrs McKenzie and B4

Dear Jarrod
    Well, I’ve certainly learnt about something new after reading your post!
    Do any of the Trashies actually smell bad? I noticed one in the advert had ‘fumes’ rising from it.
    Do you swap Trashies with your friends?

I used to collect postcards and I still have quite a few very old ones. some are from the town where I live now and it’s very interesting comparing then and now.

warm wishes
    Mrs McKenzie from B4

1. Mrs McKenzie and B4

Hi Jarrod
        Some of my postcards are 100 years old!
        Postcards were used a lot in the days before telephones were common, because it was an easy way to send a short message. Nowadays we would just text or email, wouldn’t we!

Mrs McKenzie

1. Jarrod (Post author)

@ Mrs McKenzie,

Thank you for replying to me.

Were did you get the 100 year post cards from?

Your pal,
          Jarrod

3. Ross Mannell

Hello again, Jarrod. 🙂

I know if I was your age now I would have collected the Trash Packs. When I was at school, I collected cards about television shows as well as trains when I could afford to get them or had a birthday.

These days, I still collect things including magazines*1, books*2, DVDs*3, CDs*4, rocks & minerals*5, and I’ve even once collected computers*6 .

Like you, I’m a collector.

@RossMannell
    Teacher, NSW, Australia

*1 One magazine I have been collecting since 1971
    *2 I gave away many books when I finished full time teaching as I wanted them to be used
    *3 I love movies and often go to the cinema or watch a DVD
    *4 I have many CDs although all have been transferred to my iTunes and I am now more likely to buy from iTunes instead of buy a CD
    *5 I have rocks, minerals, crystals and even some fossils
    *6 I used to be given older computers or buy them cheaply. I repair them if needed and lend them to families. At one time I had about 45

By the way, I still have the trains in a cupboard but the television cards are long gone. 🙂

4. Mrs Murphy

Dear Jarrod,

Trash packs are very big at Pt Lonsdale primary school now too! I was wondering what they were, so thanks for posting that video. Do they do anything like bounce? or clip onto things? Or are they just to look at.

Not that I remember collecting anything that was useful, I collected spoons. But I never ate with them! I know odd, but those decorative spoons you can find when you visit places. I don’t know where they all are now though.

Collecting things is great fun!
    Mrs Murphy

5. nana

@ Jarrod

I have seen your trashiest collection and there are many cute and scary Trashies.
    I like th trash can that you keep them in , I saw on the video a rubbish truck, can you store them in the truck.

When I was younger I collected swap cards and used to trade with my school friends, later when traveling I collected spoons and postcards but don’t collect them any more.

Happy collecting
    Nana

6. Par

Hi Jarrod
    When I was young I used to collect toy soliders and matchbox cars which I kept and your mum used to play with them when she was your age.

I now collect motor sports pins and have a collection of model 67 XR GT falcons

Par

7. Heather Rigby

Hi Jarrod! My name is Heather and I am a student at the University of South Alabama in Mobile, Alabama. I really enjoyed reading about your collection. I also liked the way you added the commercial about Trash Packs. Without it I would have had no idea what they were! When I was your age I took a trip to the mountains of Tennessee and started collected stones such as purple amethyst and quartz. I thought they were the most beautiful things ever. Now that I am older I still like collecting but I do it with jewelry. I have necklaces and rings with amethysts and turquoise in them.

-Heather

1. Jarrod (Post author)

@ Heather,

Thank you for leaving me a comment. Sorry it’s taken me a while to reply I’ve been busy with school and having fun at the beach as it’s been very hot here.

I was wondering are you in Dr Stanger’s class ❓

I have seen some stones when I have visited the Melbourne Museum, but you’re not allowed to touch them. My cousin Erin collects gems, she’s 13 maybe she’ll collect jewellery when she’s a bit older.

Happy blogging,
      Jarr☀d

1. Heather Rigby

Jarrod,
        I hope our weather here in Alabama warms up soon! I am ready to go to the beach myself! I like finding seashells and I just realized I do collect sand dollars too! Have you ever seen a sand dollar?

I am a student of Dr.Strange’s. As a matter of fact I am going to post a follow up blog post of my own tonight. If you would like you can check it out at Heather Rigby’s Edm 310

Maybe your cousin Erin will continue to collect gems and have a unique jewelry box full of one of a kind stones!

-Heather

1. Jarrod (Post author)

@ Heather,

Thanks for answering my question.

I had a look at your blog and thank you for your nice comments about my blog.

What are sand dollars?

Your pal,
          Jarr☀d

1. Heather Rigby

A sand dollar is a sea shell that has a flower like design on it and five holes. It is rare to find one whole but, is said to be a sign of luck! They are also said to be others things such as, the coins of mermaids or of the people of Atlantis (the lost city)! You should check out Google and search sand dollar. It is a wonderful piece of art and nature!
            – Heather

1. Jarrod (Post author)

@ Erin B,

Thanks for leaving me a comment.

You can get trash packs online.

Your pal,
      Jarrod