January 2

My ‘Block’ of Land

Our family and four of our friends own a 20 acre ‘block’ of land in Amphitheater,Victoria. It’s about 2 hours North-West of Geelong.The closest town which is 10 minutes away is called Avoca it’s a small town. In 2006 the population of Avoca was 951 and Amphitheater was 291.

My family and I left for the ‘block ‘ on Monday the 26th on boxing day and came back Saturday the 31st New Years Eve.This time we took our dog Yogi up to the ‘block’ he had a great time lounging around and going for walks with us.

At the ‘block’ we don’t have internet or power so we use a generator for power. When I’m at the ‘block’ the only electronics I can use is ones that run off batteries as we only turn the generator on at night. The ‘block’ is a great place to ride my motorbike, go for walks or drives, play outside, catch butterflies and run around outside. When we go to the ‘block’ we get to see lots of native animals, this time we saw Quails and Dad found some of their eggs when he was mowing.

This time when we went to the ‘block’ some friends came up on the Tuesday and Dad and Wayne went for a motorbike ride in the Pyrenees Ranges. I played at the ‘block’ with Bridgette, Charlotte, William and Tyler and then at lunch time we drove around to Moonambel to meet Dad and Wayne for a picnic lunch at the park.

On the Wednesday night my Nana and Par drove up and spent the night at the ‘block’. I also slept a night in a tent for the first time with Mum, which was fun but not as comfortable as the beds inside the hut. My Dad, Par, brother and I all went Yabbying and caught some for lunch on the Thursday, they were delicious!  We then drove to Avoca and had an ice cream with Nana and Par before they left to go home.

On the Friday I helped Dad do some painting and then we hung out in the shade as it was a hot day. We were planning on staying at the ‘block’ until Sunday but it was getting to hot and decided to come home to the air conditioner and pool.

Here are some photo’s of my time at the ‘block’

The 'Block'
View Photo Slideshow

Make a Free Flash Slideshow

When we stay at the ‘block’ we need to be careful of snakes and bush fires especially during Summer. When we are walking or driving around we need to make sure we watch where we are going and let Mum or Dad know if we see smoke or a snake.

Have you been to Avoca or Amphitheater?

Do you have a holiday spot you like to go to?

P.S. Merry Christmas and I hope you all have a safe and happy New Year. I had a great Christmas and got lots of fantastic presents.

Posted January 2, 2012 by Jarrod in category Uncategorized

8 thoughts on “My ‘Block’ of Land

1. Nana and Par

@ Jarrod

We enjoyed reading your post as much as our visit to the block.

Even through we were there only overnight it was so relaxing it felt that we stayed longer.

It was fun to watch you and Tyler ride your motorbikes, it looks like so much fun.

The yabbies were delicious and you were brave to pick them up,

Par thanks you for giving up your bed he was very comfortable.

I bet you are glad you are not up there today seeing it is so hot today.

We hope you will invite us up again soon
    love Nana and Par

2. Mrs Kathleen Morris

Hi Jarrod,

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and your family!

It sounds like you are enjoying the holidays. I am too!

I want to tell you that I am very pleased that you didn’t tell people about your plans before you went to The Block. That is a sign of a cyber smart blogger!

Do you remember our blog posts about apostrophes? http://2kmand2kj.global2.vic.edu.au/2011/11/24/apostrophes/

Here is a tip for you. Never use an apostrophe for plurals (more than one). So the word photos does not need an apostrophe.

See, I can’t stop being a teacher even on the holidays!

I’m glad you had fun at The Block. One of my favourite holiday spots is near Phillip Island where Nate’s parents live. In fact, I just came back from there today.

Best wishes,
    Mrs M☀rris

PS – you found a new web 2.0 tool for your photos. Nice one!

3. Kerryn

Hi Jarrod,
    Glad that you had a great break away. I am sure you are all nice and relaxed and looking forward to the rest of the holidays. Which I am sure will be much busier.
    Sorry that we couldn’t come and visit, I was looking forward to it, but Matt had to work. I hope that we can catch up in the holidays for a play.
    See you soon.
    Kerryn, Rubie and Cooper

1. Jarrod (Post author)

@ Kerryn, Rubie and Cooper,

Thank you for leaving me a comment.

What did Rubie and Cooper get for Christmas ❓

See you later,
      Jarr☀d

4. Jarrod (Post author)

@ Mrs M☀rris,

Thank you for leaving me a comment.

Did you get anything for christmas ❓

Whan you set up the 4KM and 4KJ blog.Can you pleas send me the link to it ❓

Happy blogging,
    Jarr☀d

1. Mrs Kathleen Morris

@ Jarr☀d,

Thanks for asking about the 4KM and 4KJ blog. I have set it up but I need to work on the header and pages etc.

http://4kmand4kj.global2.vic.edu.au/

I got a few things for Christmas. One thing I got was tickets to a dinner theatre in Melbourne called Draculas. We are going with Nate’s family this week. I also got a gift card for Harvey Norman so I am deciding what to buy.

What about you? Did you have a favourite present?

Stay cool,
      Mrs M☀rris

1. Jarrod (Post author)

@ Mrs Morris,

Tanks for the link.

I will probable be a supporter on the blog.

My favorite present was a mouton bike.
        Happy blogging,
        Jarr☀d

5. Pingback: The Block | Jarrod's Awesome Blog