I Made The Top 5

On Thursday the 15th of December at 11am, Victoria Australia time the announcements were made for the 2011 Edublog awards.

When the announcements were made it was snack time at school but most of the class decided to stay inside and listen the awards being announced. Everyone was very excited to see who the winners would be, as Mrs Morris, Miss Jordan, our class blog, many students from 2KM and 2KJ, including mine and our special project blog Our World, Our Stories had all been shortlisted.

My class 2KM and 2KJ were very lucky to make it into the top 5 but our blogging buddies from California, USA Mrs Yollis and Class won.

Then it was time to announce the Best Student Blog, our class had 5 students shortlisted, including me and also BB from our school was in the running too. When I saw the final 5 I was surprised to see my name, I had all my body crossed but Jaden who was from Mrs Yollis’class last year won. I got to do a thank you speech to everyone who was listening to the awards I was very nervous, but also proud to have been a finalist.

I received 147 votes but Jaden got 610 which is totally amazing. I was the youngest blogger to make it into the top 5. The first 3 finalist all came from America and then both Gemma and I came from different schools but the same town Geelong which I thought was pretty cool since it is a world wide event.

edublogs-finalist-beststudentblog1Thank you to everyone who voted for me

For the best group blog, our special project that our class has been working on with 5 other classes Our World, Our Stories came 1st, the whole class was so excited and began to cheer and clap.

It was a very special day that I will always remember and I am rapt to be able to say I am the 4th best student blogger in the world!!

Have you ever won or became a finalist in anything?

If so what was it?

9 thoughts on “I Made The Top 5

1. @ Jarr☀d,

Congratulations on becoming a finalist in the Edublog awards. It is a great accomplishment and we are very proud of the hard work you put into your blog.

Keep up the great work,
    Love,
    Mum, Dad and Tyler

2. Jarrod
    Congratulations on being the 4th best student blogger in the world, it is totally amazing. Geelong certainty has great bloggers, your class and the others who contributed to our world our stories did a wonderful job. Mrs Morris and Ms Jorden are great teachers . I will be looking forward to reading more blogs next year. Congratulations everyone

3. Dear Jarrod,

Congratulations! What an achievement for your and our class to be in the top five for two awards and win one award!

I hope you keep blogging next year and maybe you will even come better than forth in the 2012 awards!

I couldn’t believe my eyes when I saw how many votes Jaden got. His family must have a LOT of friends!

Speaking of Jaden, I just visited his blog and saw a new challenge he is starting. Have you seen it?

Your teacher,
    Mrs M☀rris

PS – I was so surprised to see that Gemma was from Geelong too!

• @ Mrs Morris,

Thank you for leaving me a comment.

Yes,I have seen the challenge.I think it’s great to see that Jaden did the challenge and now the challenge has finished and he thought he might make his own one up. Jaden asked me if I’d join in but I’m not sure yet what I’m doing on the holidays at the moment.

Happy blogging
      Jarr☀d

P.S If I was working for edublog awords I would let you win.

4. Hi Jarrod
    Well done for making the final five, it is an achievement to be very proud of.
    You’ve done so well with your blogging this year and I love popping in now and then to see what else you have written about.
    I hope you continue to blog next year!

warm Christmas wishes
    Mrs M♔Kenzie from B4

• @ Mrs Makenzie and B4,

Thank you for leaving me a comment.

I think I will keep blogging next year. I find out on Monday who my teacher will be for next year and I hope it’s someone who likes blogging. Maybe if Mrs Morris and Miss Jordan teach grade 4 the year after I might get them again.

Happy blogging,
      Jarr☀d

5. Dear Jarrod,

I am so proud of your achievement! You have such great writing ability and I love how you always comment back to your readers. Well done!

Your speech that you gave at the award ceremony was terrific! You sounded so confident and proud. What a day that was!

I hope you will continue blogging for many years to come. Everyone enjoys following your blog and seeing what you will come up with next!

It was quite an honor to win Best Class Blog! We have come very close before, but never won it. My favorite part of the ceremony was being together with all of our friends, teachers and students. We have become a close group of global bloggers and that is the biggest win of all!

Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Your friend,
    Mrs. Y♥llis
    California

P.S. Royce just earned his own blog and it will launch in January. You have been a great role model for him and I know your friendship will continue for a long time to come!

• @ Mrs. Y♥llis,

Thanks for leaving me a comment and for all the compliments you left me.

Congratulations on your two successes. Was your class really excited the next day at school when they found out :?:

I think it’s good that Royce is getting his own blog, I can’t wait to see what posts he writes about.

Your pal,
      Jarr☀d