December 2

Happy 8th Birthday Jarrod

click to generate your own textclick to generate your own textclick to generate your own textclick to generate your own textclick to generate your own text

click to generate your own textclick to generate your own textclick to generate your own textclick to generate your own textclick to generate your own textclick to generate your own textclick to generate your own textclick to generate your own text

click to generate your own textclick to generate your own textclick to generate your own textclick to generate your own textclick to generate your own textclick to generate your own text

This is a surprise guest post by Jarrod’s Mum Melane. I put together this special post to wish Jarrod my beautiful boy a very Happy 8th Birthday. I wouldn’t have been able to put this post together had it not been for Jarrod’s excellent blogging teaching skills during the past 5 months of having his own blog. Thank you Jarrod for giving me new IT skills.

Over the past 8 years we have been blessed to have Jarrod as a part of our family. Jarrod has brought us much joy and happiness and for those how know him very well, a few grey hairs as well but that’s ok because we wouldn’t have it any other way.

Here is a collage of photos I put together to celebrate the first 8 years of Jarrod’s life. Jarrod has already accomplished so much and made us so proud of him I dare to think of what the next 8 years will bring, all I can say is that I hope the IT world can keep up with him, along with my own IT skills.

Jarrod we hope you have a fantastic day and enjoy celebrating with family and friends who adore you.

Please help me celebrate Jarrod’s birthday and leave him a special birthday message.

Posted December 2, 2011 by Jarrod in category Uncategorized

32 thoughts on “Happy 8th Birthday Jarrod

1. Leisha

Happy birthday Jarrod!!! You have grown up so fast into a cool clever little man!
    I hope you have a great day and get lots of presents 🙂
    Lots of love
    Leisha and Chris

1. Jarrod (Post author)

@ Leisha and Chris,

Thank you for leaving me a comment and for my birthday wishes. I had a great night and Maddie enjoyed herself too.

Your pal,
      Jarr☀d

2. Sharon egberts

Hi Jarrod ,
    I cant believe you are already 8 years old , have a very happy birthday .
    What will you and your family be doing today to celebrate your birthday ?
    I dont always make an online comment but i have enjoyed and learnt from every one of your Blogs ……you have a great future ahead of you and a great Mum and Dad …….
    Love sharon and bert and all of us uo here in mildura .

1. Jarrod (Post author)

@ Sharon and Bert,

Thank you for leaving me a comment and for my birthday wishes. Nana and Par had a good time at the BBQ and Par even got a lolly bag coz he was being good. Nana even danced with me playing Just Dance 2 on the WII.

Your pal,
      Jarr☀d

3. Miss Kelly Jordan

Dear Jarrod (and Melane),

Happy 8th birthday! 🙂

Wow, what awonderful surprise for you to see this beautiful post by your mum! You are very lucky to have a mum who loves blogging so much and I can tell Melane worked so very hard on this special post.

It was so nice to see all of the lovely photos of you and your family, Jarrod. I can see you love motorbikes and the photos of you with baby Tyler are very sweet. I have a similar photo of me on the giant rocking horse in Adelaide too!

What is your favourite memory looking back at the photos in this Animoto?

Well done on a fabulous post, Melane! I hope you have a fantastic birthday today, Jarrod! 🙂

Best wishes,
    Miss Jordan

1. Jarrod (Post author)

@ Miss Jordan,

Thank you for leaving me a comment and for my birthday wishes.I had a fantastic day and got lots of presents.

My best memory was holding Tyler just after he was born. Nana and Par looked after me because Mum had Tyler just before tea and then I got to go in about an hour later and meet him.

I went to the rocking horse when I was 3, when did you go to the rocking horse ❓

See you tomorrow,
      Jarr☀d

1. Miss Kelly Jordan

@ Jarrod,

I’m glad you had a wonderful day yesterday. Birthdays are very special!

Hmm…I’ve had a good think, and I would have been about fifteen years old when I went to South Australia on a family holiday. We visited a few tourist attractions, including the Big Rocking Horse.

I just looked up some information about the rocking horse, and it was built in 1981, a year before I was born. It is 18.3m tall and 17m long. Wow!

See you tomorrow,
        Miss Jordan

4. Mrs McKenzie and B4

Dear Jarrod
    Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you! ♫♫♩&#9836

You’ve learned a lot in the year that you were 7, so I bet you’re really going to learn lots now you are 8!

I know you’re not the first 8 year-old in 2KM/2KJ but in B4 we got our first 8 year-old this week when Spike turned 8!

Keep on blogging 🙂
    Mrs McKenzie and B4

1. Jarrod (Post author)

@ Mrs McKenzie and B4,

Thank you for leaving me a comment and for my birthday wishes. I had a great day.

In 2KM I’m one of the last ones to turn 8, there’s only a couple left who are still 7.

Your pal,
      Jarr☀d

5. Miss Stefanie Galvin

Dear Jarrod (and Melane),

What a lovely birthday surprise for you, Jarrod. As Miss Jordan said, you’ve very lucky to have a Mum who enjoys blogging and worked hard to put together such a nice post. She did a fantastic job with the photos of you and your family.

I hope that you have a WONDERFUL birthday, Jarrod! You’ve got the whole world at your feet and amazing adventures ahead of you!

Enjoy your big day!

Stef Galvin

1. Jarrod (Post author)

@ Stef Galvin,

Thank you for leaving me a comment and for my birthday wishes.

I had an excellent day and got to have a BBQ tea with my family and friends. I even got to watch fireworks on my balcony, they were in Geelong for Carols by the bay. I’m lucky that I can see most of the fireworks from home that are in Geelong.

I thought your comment about the whole world at my feet was a bit funny but I do look forward to having lots of adventures.

Happy blogging,
      Jarr☀d

6. Mrs Kathleen Morris

Dear Jarrod,

Happy birthday! I hope you have a great day.

I bet you were as surprised as I was when Miss Jordan did a birthday post for me!

I enjoyed watching the slideshow and I have two questions.

Was the picture of you and Tyler on an elephant taken at the Melbourne Zoo? I have a similar photo of my niece and nephew.

My other question is, do you help mum and dad mow the lawns a lot? I bet they would like to have help in the garden!

Your teacher,
    Mrs M☀rris

PS – this is a special weekend for both of us because it is my first wedding anniversary!

1. Jarrod (Post author)

@ Mrs M☀rris,

I didn’t know Mum was making a post and very surprised to see that she had.

The photo of Tyler and I on the elephant was taken at Melbourne Zoo last year on my birthday. I was lucky and got the day off school to go to the zoo to celebrate my birthday.

The photo of me mowing the lawn was the first time I mowed the lawns and I’m not very keen on it because it’s very hard work. I do help Dad in the vegie garden and sometimes helping with the weeding.

I hope you and Nate had a great 1st anniversary. Did you get a present ❓

Happy blogging,
      Jarr☀d

1. Mrs Kathleen Morris

Dear Jarr☀d,

You are doing a good job with all these replies.

Yes, I remember now that you said you went to the Zoo last year. That sounds like a fun day.

Maybe when you are older you will do the lawns for mum and dad.

We had a wonderful anniversary – thank you! I didn’t get a present but we did go away to Mount Martha for the weekend.

See you tomorrow,
        Mrs M☀rris

7. nana and Par

Happy birthday our darling ♥ Jarrod,
    What a fantasic surprise for you, it was great to see the slide show. How fast you have grow up, over the last year you have taught us so much. Not only all the increditible IT knowledge that you have learnt and passed on but what a wonderful caring child you are you make us smile, . 🙂
    Have fun today with your family and friends…
    And fireworks I believe are on tonight!!!!

Love you heaps for always ♥
    nana and Par xxxxxx

1. Jarrod (Post author)

@ Nana and Par,

Did you go straight to bed after the party last night ❓ I only got 9 hours of sleep so I’m a bit tired today.

Thank you very much for the presents, I love them all.

Your pal,
      Jarr☀d

1. Jarrod (Post author)

@ Laura,

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I checked your blog out and it looks like you did the challenge too. Did you enjoy it ❓

Your new pal,
      Jarr☀d

8. Kerryn

Happy Birthday Jarrod!!!
    I am sure you are having a great day and we can’t wait to have a BBQ with you tonight. I have a very excited Cooper and Rubie.
    I remember the day you were born so I must be getting old. Thank you for introducing me to blogging I had never seen a blog before yours.
    Kerryn, Matt, Rubie and Cooper.

1. Jarrod (Post author)

@ Kerryn, Matt, Rubie and Cooper,

Thank you for my present and for coming to my party I had a great time, I hope you all enjoyed yourselves too.

Your pal,

Jarr☀d

9. Erin

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JARROD!!!!!!! I hope you have an awesome day.!!! Does you feel different now that you’re a year older?? You’ll have to write a post about what you get!! hope you get lots of presents1!!!!
    loove you
    from erin 😀 xoxox

1. Jarrod (Post author)

@ Erin,

Sorry you were feeling too sore come last last night, are you feeling better today ❓ We gave your Mum a frog in the pond and a lolly bag to pass on to you, did it make its way to you or did they eat it in the car ❓

Your cousin,
      Jarr☀d

10. Millie

Hi Jarrod,

Happy Birthday.

Also Great post I loved the photos some much.

Once again happy birthday and have a great day.

Your friend,
    Millie

1. Jarrod (Post author)

@ Millie,

I had a great day and had a BBQ for tea, I even got to watch the fireworks from my balcony.

Your pal,
      Jarr☀d

1. Millie

Dear Jarrod,

Thank you for your reply.

You must had a fantastic day and watching the fireworks from your balcony you must had fun.

When it’s on my birthday witch is coming very soon my family always sets up a BBQ for my birthday and all my family comes and gives me stuff like a $50 ( Witch I really got for my birthday)
        Or for a family birthday we go somewhere like school stadem.

Did you have lots of people when you had a BBQ?
        What did you get?
        What are you doing for your party?

You might ablele to come to my party. ( if I’m having one)

Your Friend,
        Millie

11. ErinB

It seems like there is two Erins that love getting on your blog. I’m the Erin that wants to skpe with you. Happy Birthday Jarrod! Did you have a great day?

1. Jarrod (Post author)

@ Erin,

The other Erin that sometimes leaves comments is my cousin, when you first started to leave me comments I kept getting a bit confused but now it’s all good.

I had a great day and got lots of presents.

Your pal,
      Jarr☀d

12. Mrs. Y♥llis

Dear Jarrod,

Happy 8th birthday!

I really enjoyed this special surprise post by your mother! How did you discover it?

What did you do with your special day? Do you have any family birthday traditions?

Do you want to hear something funny? My husband’s birthday is December 2! We went out to dinner and had a special meal of steak and onion rings. Mr. Yollis was born in 1955. How old is Mr. Yollis? How much older is he than you?

Hope you had a terrific day!

Your friend,
    Mrs. Y♥llis

1. Jarrod (Post author)

@ Mrs Y♥llis,

In the morning my Mum had the computer on with the post up and told me to have a look at it, then we watched the slide show she made.

I had a BBQ party at night with my family and some friends, it was pretty cool because I got to stay up really late and watch some fireworks from my balcony that were on.

The only tradition we have is having a birthday cake and singing happy birthday. Do you have any ❓

I think Mr Yollis is 56 years old and is 48 years older than me, is that correct. What presents did Mr Yollis get for his birthday ❓

Your pal,
      Jarr☀d

13. Liam

@ Jarrod,

I hope you had a great birthday.

I loved the Animoto that your Mum made.

What was your favourite part of your birthday ❓

From your blogging buddy,
    Liam

14. Bradley

Dear Jarrod, 😆

Happy birthday Jarrod I hope you have a great day! I have got a little song for you.

Happy birthday to you,
    Happy birthday to you,
    Happy birthday dear Jarrod,
    Happy brthday to you,
    Hip hip hary,
    Hip hip hary,
    Hip hip hary.

Do you like my song ❓

Your blogging pal,
    Bradley 😎

1. Jarrod (Post author)

@ Bradley,

Thank you for leaving me a comment.

Thank you for the birthday wishes.

Happy blogging,
      Jarr☀d