The Edublog Awards

click to generate your own textclick to generate your own textclick to generate your own textclick to generate your own textclick to generate your own textclick to generate your own textclick to generate your own textclick to generate your own text

Edublog Awards

The Edublog  Awards 2011 are here.

Here are my nominations.

Best new blog

For best new blog I nominate Liam’s Life because he only started blogging and he is already doing interesting posts like his dirt bike post.

Best class blog

For best class blog I nominate 2KM and 2KJ because they already have over 20,000 visitors and they work very hard on their blog in class.

Best student blog

For best student blog I nominate Ava’s blog because she has really good widgets.

Best educational use of video

For best educational use of video I nominate Mr Avery’s blog because he makes really good videos which I learn lots from.

Best Group blog

For best group blog I nominate Our World Our Stories because classes from different parts of the world teach each other their own country and it’s encouraging others to get into quad blogging.

Best teacher blog

For best teacher blog I nominate Mrs Morris because her blog teaches other teachers about blogging and IT in the classroom.

Best individual blog

I nominate Miss Jordan for best individual blog because she teachers others about literacy in primary schools.

Best library blog

For best library blog I nominate Bulldog readers because they I learn about different books and authors.

Best free web tool

For best web tool I nominate ClustrMaps because I love seeing how many visitors I get and where they are from.

Best twitter hashtag

I nominate #Comments 4kids for best twitter hashtag as it helps me get lots of visitors and comments on my blog.

Best individual tweeter

For best individual tweeter I nominate Mrs Morris as she often tweets about my posts and asks people to leave me comments which has helped me to get over 2,000 visitors. One night she tweeted about a post of mine I work up the next morning to find out that over a 100 people had visited my blog! Thank you so much Mrs Morris.

Life time achievment

For life time achievement I nominate Miss W because she organises the Challenge Yourself to Blog which I have just completed and found the 10 weeks of challenges to be challenging. It also helped me write interesting posts and use different web 2.0 tools. So thank you Mrs W for organising the challenge and for teaching me more about blogging.

Have you nominated anyone for the edublog awards, if so who did you vote for?

Who do you hope will win?

13 thoughts on “The Edublog Awards

1. Jarrod,
    Thank you so much for the nomination in the Edublog Awards. I just love creating the challenges and feel so proud that so many students and classes take part in the activities.

I am so pleased you learned a lot from doing the different choices and you have great mentors in your teachers at your school especially Mrs Morris and Mrs Jordan.

Yours in blogging,
    Miss W aka tasteach aka Miss Wyatt

• @ Miss W,

Thank you for leaving me a comment.

It was my pleasure to nominate you as I think you do a wonderful job with the challenge.

Your pal,
      Jarr☀d

2. Dear Jarrod,

Thank you so much for your nominations! That was very kind of you. It must have taken you a long time to put this post together.

I am looking forward to next weekend to see who is short-listed. I hope some people we know are on the short-list.

See you next week.

Your teacher,
    Mrs M☀rris

• @ Jarr☀d,

Good question. I don’t know how many times we have been nominated. I think we’ve had a couple of nominations so I really hope our class blog gets short-listed!

I guess we’ll have to wait and see.

Your teacher,
      Mrs M☀rris

3. @ Mrs M☀rris,

Thank you for replying to my question.

I think all of the student bloggers have nominated the class blog which I think will be 14 nominations plus others we might receive so I think we might have a chance.

So far I think I’ve only received 2 nominations I hope others nominate me as well so I can be short listed.

We have to be in it to win it,
    Jarr☀d

4. Dear Jarrod,

Thank you for the nomination! You’ve put together a terrific list of blogs from around the world, well done.

The Edublogs Awards is an exciting event and I look forward to finding out who is nominated and who wins each category!

See you on Monday,
    Miss Jordan

5. Dear Jarrod,

I noticed that you got nominated on the 2KM and 2KJ post. It is a honor to be nominated and I hope you make the short list and win as you have worked very hard on your blog.
    On Friday when you were showing me how you were doing your nominations and how to make the links, you taught me something that I never thought I would learn how to do.
    Good luck
    Love a proud Nana

• @ Nana,

Thank you for leaving me a comment.

I was very excited to be nominated by 2KM and 2KJ, it would be great if I got short listed but so far I’ve only got 2 nominations so I don’t think I will but if I did that would be awesome :cool:

Love,
      Jarr☀d

6. Pingback: 2011 Edublog Awards Nominations | 2KM and 2KJ @ Leopold Primary School

7. Dear Jarrod,

Thank you so much for nomination! We’re honored to have been nominated by you.

You’ve done such an amazing job with your blog. I’m so impressed by how many posts you’ve put up in just a short amount of time!

I know you’re going to get a few nominations of your own. Good luck!

Sincerely,
    Mr. Avery

8. Hey, thanks for the nomination! If you get a chance (not critical) would you be able to change the way you have spelled our name? It should be ‘ClustrMaps’ (all one word, and note that we have deliberately left out the ‘e’ after the ‘t’!)

Many thanks!

All the best,

-CJ on behalf of the ClustrMaps Team