July 22

Help me pick my next Post

click to generate your own textclick to generate your own textclick to generate your own textclick to generate your own textclick to generate your own textclick to generate your own textclick to generate your own textclick to generate your own textclick to generate your own textclick to generate your own textclick to generate your own textclick to generate your own textclick to generate your own textclick to generate your own textclick to generate your own textclick to generate your own textclick to generate your own textclick to generate your own textclick to generate your own textclick to generate your own textclick to generate your own textclick to generate your own textclick to generate your own textclick to generate your own textclick to generate your own text

I reached my goal of 300 visitors so I’ve set myself a new goal of reaching 650 visitors to my blog by the end of term 3 on the 23rd of September. We celebrated reaching my goal by having pizza for tea and custard tart for desert.

010

016

020

I thought since everyone has helped me reach my goal that I might let my visitors pick my next post topic. Please choose your favourite topic in the quiz below.

What post did you vote on?

What would you like to know about that topic?

Posted July 22, 2011 by Jarrod in category Uncategorized

56 thoughts on “Help me pick my next Post

1. Sheryl NussbaumBeach

I would love to know what you cook. I live in the USA and I bet I could learn a new thing or two from you about cooking since you live in Australia. I look forward to seeing what you will share. Be sure and use pictures of the steps too. It helps me and your other readers understand more.

@ Sheryl NussbaumBeach,

Thank you for leaving me a comment.

Thank you for your suggestion about the photo’s I have thought about it and if cooking wins I have something special in mind.

2. Mrs Morris

Dear Jarrod,

Firstly, congratulations on achieving your goal! Your pizza and custard tart looked delicious and it was very well deserved. Was that Aussie pizza you were eating?

I really like this post idea and well done on using yet another tool! I like to use Poll Daddy on my own blog sometimes.

I voted for the post about what you like to cook because I like cooking and food. I like to watch Masterchef and see all the fabulous cooking creations!

I am looking forward to the results of your poll.

Best wishes,
    Mrs M☀rris

@ Mrs Mβ˜€rris,

Thank you for leaving me a comment.

The pizza in the photo was Hawaiian with prawns but I did order Aussie too.

Your pal,

@ Erin,

Thank you for leaving me a comment.

I think that if videos win I might get people to vote on which one is the funniest.

Your pal,

3. Mrs S

Hi Jarrod,

A great idea to get some ideas for a new blog post. I chose the cooking option. I think that is nice to find out what someone else likes to cook. Sometimes it gives me good ideas for my own cooking.

Mrs S

@ Mrs S,

Thank you for leaving me a comment.

What is you favourite thing to cook ❓

Your pal,
      Jarr☀d 😳

1. Mrs S

Hi Jarrod

My favourite thing to cook changes all the time. My go to recipe when I want to cook a quick easy snack is pikelets. I use my grandmother’s recipe because it is so simple that I have now memorized it.

Mrs S

@ Mrs A,

Thank you for leaving me a comment.

If my favourite apps wins it will be hard for me to only choose a couple, so I will have to think hard about it. Do you have a favourite app ❓

4. Ross Mannell

Jarrod, I think it’s a wonderful idea t o run a poll like this to see what your readers are interested in. There were two clear favourites when I voted. I wonder what will win the poll?

Ross Mannell (teacher)
    Australia

@ Ross Mannell,

Thank you for leaving me a comment.

Which one did you vote for ❓

Jarrβ˜€d πŸ˜†

@ Karen Marcus,

Thank you for leaving me a comment.

Which country are you from ❓ If the videos win I have lots of funny ones to choose from.

5. Angela Harridge

I’ve just got an iPad and want to use it in my Library at school so I would LOVE to know what apps you like to use and why.
    Mrs H … angelquilter on Twitter πŸ™‚

@ Mrs H,

Thank you for leaving me a comment.

Will you get the newspaper for your iPad ❓

6. Michelle

Jarrod,
    I received a tweet from your teacher and I had to check out your survey! You are doing awesome work!

I am a teacher near Chicago, Illinois, USA. I love your blog. I’m glad that you set goals for yourself too. Best of luck getting all those visitors.

Mrs. Nero πŸ™‚

@ Mrs Nero,

Thank you for leaving me a comment.

I’m very lucky that my teacher asks all of her tweeter friends to visit my blog.

What did you vote for ❓

1. Michelle

Hi again Jarrod,

I had to vote for favorite iPod/Pad apps! I’m looking for great apps to use with my kiddos at school like you!

I have to ask. How do you make that cool sun for your letter o in your name and Mrs. Morris’ name? I think you may know a little bit more than me with all this technology. Good for you!

Mrs. Nero

7. JoAnn Jacobs

Aloha Jarrod,
    I voted for “cooking” out of curiosity since you offered it as a topic. Each country and culture has something to share and I was interested in what you would tell us about.
    Whatever is the choice you can count on me to be reading. Have a great day!
    Mrs. Jacobs

Aloha Mrs Jacobs,

Thank you for leaving me a comment.

What is your favourite American dish ❓ I eat foods from all different countries which I love for example Ravioli.

8. Mrs. Lykowski

Since I use iPod Touches and iPads in my classroom, I would love to know what your favorite apps are and why. Do you use these devices in your classroom? If yes, are the apps you like to use at home different than the ones used in school? Thanks for doing a great job on your blog and I look forward to reading more from you!

@ Mrs Lykowski,

Thank you for leaving me a comment.

At school we use iPod touches, we have watched some videos on how to do origami which we follow the instructions to and make something. At home I use the iPod and iPad to play games, read books and have some maths, english and science apps. What is your favourite app ❓

9. Miss Kelly Jordan

Dear Jarrod,

Congratulations on achieving your goal so quickly, I am very impressed! πŸ™‚

I just voted on your poll. Like Mrs Morris, I enjoy watching Masterchef and finding new recipes, so I would like you to post about what you like to cook.

I love this idea for a post, you sure are working hard on your blog at home. Mrs Morris and I just love to see our students so engaged with their learning, it makes our day! πŸ™‚

I look forward to seeing the results of this poll, Jarrod.

Best wishes,
    Miss Jordan

P.S After seeing your photos, I feel like pizza for tea tonight! πŸ™‚

@ Miss Jordan,

Thank you for leaving me a comment.

What is your favourite thing to cook ❓ Sometimes we make our own pizza including the base but last night we brought it which is nice too.

I use to watch Junior Masterchef, did you watch it too ❓

Your pal,

1. Miss Kelly Jordan

@ Jarrod,

Wow, you are very busy replying to all of these comments! πŸ™‚

I agree with you, homemade pizza is great, but it’s a nice treat to buy pizza from the pizza shop sometimes.

I enjoy cooking spaghetti bolognaise, lasagne, stirfries, savoury and sweet muffins, pizzas and much more! On the holidays I made a tasty lemon slice and delicious chocolate mousse, yum!

I also like to cook healthy meals, like zucchini slice and vegetable soup (I got those recipes from Mrs Morris!)

I did watch Junior Masterchef, I was amazed by what those kids could cook!

Your blogging buddy,
        Miss Jordan

10. sgalvin

Jarrod,

Congratulations for reaching your goal of 300 visits – what a wonderful achievement!

I voted for a post on your favourite iPhone and iPad apps because I’m about to start using an iPad and an iPod Touch in my prep classroom and I would love to have your recommendations for apps.

Good luck with your blogging. I am sure you’ll be able to reach your September goal!

Stefanie Galvin (Teacher, Australia)

@ Stefanie Galvin,

Thank you for leaving me a comment.

Does your prep class have a blog and do they make goals ❓ I’m sure your students will LOVE using the iPad.

1. sgalvin

@ Jarrod,

You’re most welcome!

We have just started a class blog, to connect the classroom with our families. This is the first term that the preps have started making goals, and we made a class goal of ‘always having a go at writing’ – which fits our classroom blog very nicely (as well as the preps learning to write!).

And they are very excited about using an iPad! We’re going to try an activity this week during our Literacy groups.

I look forward to following your wonderful blog posts!

All the best,
        Stefanie

11. Nana

@ Jarrod
    Congratulations upon achieving your goal so fast. I think voting for your next post is a great idea and I am looking forward for the result. My choice was what you would like to cook, I know you like cooking and helping out with lots of different dishes. I am wondering if you would close a savory or sweet dish?

Declan voted for your favorite D’S game looks like we will just have to wait and see.

Loved the photos looks like you enjoyed your congratulated treat

♥ nana

12. Mr Callanan

Good on you Jarrod, and like you I love pizza. Thanks for the great idea about using poll daddy. I’ll put one up on our class blog soon.
    I like the way that your readers can pick your next post. Great idea. Give the audience what they want.
    Good Job
    Mr Callanan

@ Mr Callanan,

Thank you for leaving me a comment.

What’s the link to your class blog so I can check it out ❓

13. Leisha

Hi Jarrod,
    Your blogs are fantastic!!!
    I voted for what you like to cook, maybe you can put up a recipe for me to try, I like cooking especially cakes and biscuits.

Talk soon
    Leisha

@ Leisha,

Thank you for leaving me a comment.

Did you make all the yummy food at your party ❓ I think I ate way too much it was so delicious.

Your pal,

14. sharon egberts

Hi Jarrod
    A huge congrats on your 300 plus blogs ..well done .
    I voted for Ipad / IPhone Apps as i am always looking for good ones to download for my 3 grandaughters aged 2 , 8 and 12 to play and learn from .
    Have a good weekend ..
    Your Pizza does look very tasty ..my fav pizza is one with the LOT ..
    Sharon .

@ Sharon,

Thank you for leaving me a comment.

Maybe next time you’re visiting Nana you can have a look at my iPad to see all the new apps I have.

My favourite pizza is Hawaiian with prawns and cheese on top.

Your pal,

15. Mrs B (Bris, Aust)

Hello and congratulations Jarrod. I chose your favourite websites especially if they are ones used during your class activities. We do not have access to iPads and iPods in our class yet and therefore rely on good web sites to help us practise our skills.
    Keep up the good work
    Mrs B

@ Mrs B,

Thank you for leaving me a comment.

Do you have an interactive whiteboard in your classroom ❓ I’m very lucky at school in my classroom we have iPods, net books, computers and 2 interactive whiteboards, sometimes our teachers bring in their iPads too.

16. Mrs McKenzie and B4

Dear Jarrod
    I love the way you are setting goals for yourself, and I’m sure you will achieve your new goal by the end of term.

I voted for a cooking post as I would like to find out what children your age are capable of cooking.
    If it doesn’t win this time, maybe you will write the cooking post another time.

Keep up the great work!

from Mrs M♔Kenzie

@ Mrs Mβ™”Kenzie,

Thank you for leaving me comment.

What is our favourite thing cook ❓ I like to cook sweet foods better.

Your pal,

17. Mr Phipps

Evening Jarrod,

Another great post.

I voted for your fav IPad/Ipod apps as some of the teachers at our school are really keen to purchase some, so that means I need to learn more about them.

Good luck with achieving your goal.

Mr Phipps

@ Mr Phipps,

Thank you for leaving me a comment.

Do you have an iPad / iPod ❓ I have both at home and sometimes get to use them at school too.

Your pal,

18. Lisa stoll

Hi Jerrod,
    Great idea to get votes for your next post. I think I’ll use that for my next class blog post. I chose the best or favorite iPad apps because I use iPads in my classroom and would love to know what students use and enjoy using.

Love your blog
    Mrs. Stoll
    Mrs. Stoll’s class blog: http://Lisastoll.edublog.org/

@ Mrs Stoll’s,

Thank you for leaving me a comment.

What do you use your iPad for in your class ❓

19. Par

@ Jarrod

There is a lot of interest in you poll, i picked what you would like to cook I wonder what it would be?

I am very impressed with your cluster map and even one from Finland.

Great job!

Love Par

20. Mrs Frances

Hi Jarrod,
    I am a year 3 teacher at a school in Sydney. I have really enjoyed reading your blog and it has helped inspire me for my class blog. I voted for you to write your next blog about your favourite iPod/iPad apps. My class has just received 20 iPods that we are starting to use in our classroom so I am very interested to know what type of apps you enjoys using.
    You are doing a wonderful job with you blog! Keep going!
    Mrs Frances

@ Mrs Frances,

Do you have a blog ❓

21. Millie

Dear Jarrod,

Great post you did.

I picked My (You) favourite ipad\ i pod app.

I hope you have fun blogging.

Your friend,
    Millie

@ Millie,

Thank you for leaving me a comment.

Do you have an iPod or iPad ❓

Your pal,
      Jarr☀d πŸ˜† πŸ‘Ώ πŸ˜†

22. Mr. Avery

Hi Jarrod,

I’m amazed at how many comments you have! That’s so impressive.

I voted for your favorite websites. I was curious to see what your favorite ones are and if they’re the same as my student’s favorites here in the United States. If you don’t write about that, would you share with me what your favorite site is?

I added a link to your blog on my class blog. I’ll see if I can help get you to your next goal!

Sincerely,
    Mr. Avery

23. Jarrod (Post author)

@ Mr Avery,

Thank you for leaving me a comment and for putting a link to my blog on your blog.

I’ll give you one of my favourite web sites ABC3 .

Your pal,
    Jarr☀d πŸ˜†

24. Pingback: The Power of Twitter | Integrating Technology in the Primary Classroom